Here you will find some interesting links and resources to help you on your way to the career of your dreams.
Open events for local colleges and 6th forms
Click on the following link for the dates of open events at local colleges, college open evenings 2019
Click on the link below for further details about apprenticeships and sixth form options.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHKFrXMCHII (choosing A Levels)
For information on student finance, including Tuition Fee Loans and Maintenance Loans, please click here Student Finance
Start is a free, online careers platform designed to connect 11-18 year olds with their future career potential. It combines the most comprehensive source of information with a personalised experience and career planning tools, helping our students to make more informed decisions about their future study and career options, as well as developing their employability.
- A student profile: students build their profile and access personalised study and career information.
- Modules: activities to guide students through the information on Start at the right time.
- Up to date information: engaging content on what to study, where to learn and the world of work.
- Locker: an online record of achievement to evidence skills for future applications and CVs.
- Employability action plan: Students can set goals and stay in control of their career planning.
A short video about can be viewed by clicking here
National Careers Service
With profiles on over 800 different types of job you can find out the skills and qualifications needed. They also include details on pay and career prospects.
Click here to visit the National Careers Service
Free access to over 1000 personal career video stories where people talk about what they do, how they got there and their hopes for the future. The site also has detailed job information, plus practical tips, insight and advice along with articles and games.
Click here to visit icould